Monday, August 22, 2005

i'm going to be hemorrhaging yarn

Isn't that a lovely mental image?

I did say I could buy more yarn after I finished some projects, here's what I did this weekend:

1. finished a scarf for my niece
2. finished 2 cat facecloths
3. finished that 3rd hat
4. almost finished with a hat for a baby (it is very cute. I have never made anything for an infant before. Infant knitting = tiny needles, but it's ok otherwise)

So this means that I went a little bit overboard, but sale prices do that to me! They drive away all sense of reason or decorum when it comes to my checkbook. Flying Fingers is having a huge sale on selected colours of Manos Del Uruguay yarn, and it is a damn good deal! So, of course, I had to take advantage of it. HAD TO! The sale is only for the month of August, so please, go there and buy some yourself and fast so I don't feel so bad. Then I was happy to get hat and scarf requests from the Elegant Mr. B, Newt, Aimee, and Karascat, so that meant I *had* to order their yarn IMMEDIATELY from Knit Picks. I've never ordered from them before so that was exciting in and of itself. (My husband has commissioned THREE different woolly hats. My thin blooded southerner!) Then, if that's not enough, Bee is placing a big ass order with Yarnmarket and, as a good friend, I threw down some $ for some yarn (colour: violets) from there that I need to knit up Grace (for moi!) & to help keep Bee's shipping free. Lesson = friends don't let friends buy yarn alone! And they damn sure help their friends qualify for free shipping!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

What's a cat facecloth?