Saturday, November 12, 2005

recluse juice!

While doing research for a patron, I stumbled across an article that had such an intriguing premise I had to read it. (and forward it to friends!) UNBELIEVEABLE. The title alone grabbed me. I HAVE TO SHARE!

"Beyond Tarentula hispanica: brown recluse spider for a child with oppositional-defiant disorder" by Robert Ullman, Judyth Reichenberg-Ullman. Published in the Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients. Oct 2005 i267 p96(4).

According to the article, "spider medicine", including that of BROWN RECLUSES, is used (in the homeopathic sense) to treat disturbed invididuals. How exactly this essence of a recluse is obtained is a mystery to me, and can remain so, since it's probably upsetting.

Anyway, characteristics of individuals (including the CHILD described in the article) that need "spider medicine", according to the authors, include "cunningness, conniving, and deceit", "movement, jumping, climbing, hiding, dancing" and the very "spider like feature" of being concerned about your appearance.

My god! It's me! I examine my wardrobe cunningly with conniving movements! Dose me up with the recluse juice!

The whole article is mind-boggling. If you can't track it down and are interested in reading it in its entirety, drop me a line and I'll forward it to you.

1 comment:

sweetawreet said...

Don't forget that a manipulative birth parent also makes you a spider-juice candidate.