Friday, December 01, 2006

virtual cookie exchange

Join the 2006 virtual cookie exchange! My contribution is one of my all time fave things to eat. In fact, in my food pyramid, booze soaked food is a staple.

my good ole rum balls:
1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 50 cookies)
1/4 cup Bacardi dark rum 80 proof
1/4 cup honey
8 oz. (2 cups) ground walnuts
confectioner's (powder) sugar

Combine all ingredients, except sugar, blend thoroughly. Shape into
small balls about 1 inch in diameter. Roll in sugar. Store in
tightly covered container. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.

I keep them in the refrigerator if I'm storing them (they'll stay
for months). I think they taste better after a few days when the
ingredients get to meld. Food processor or rolling pin can be used
to crush cookies.
PS: I always use more booze than the recipe calls for.

No comments: