i'm a nut for dishcloths, so i'm going to try my 1st exchange. you should try it too! you've got until sept. 8th to sign up. anyway, here goes!
1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it?
i'm a knitter (but plan to learn crochet someday) i learned how to knit in school as a kid, and i re-learned how to knit 3 years ago and haven't stopped since.
2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?
i make a ton of dishcloths for charity, and as gifts. i do have 1 that i made in the kitchen.
3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ?
i love sugar n cream, because it comes in such great colors. i'm always up to try anything! i've ordered some awesome colors from elmore pisgah.
4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?
i'll knit on anything. i knit on pencils before when stranded without needles. but i love my metal needles for dishcloths.
5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much?
purples, browns, tropical blues, greens, orange-- i love them all! if i had to pick a color i didn't like, it would be poop green. i don't think i'm alone in that.
6. What do you like best about Autumn?
the smells, the slightly cooler temps (it is south florida, after all), and the holidays
7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!
ALL OF THEM, especially pumpkin.
8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?
ugh. the only reason why i ever wanted to get back to school was to socialize, and that got old after about 3 days.
9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap)
oh yeah! i'm all about halloween. i love everything batty in particular, and skulls.
10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?
coffee nips, cracker jack, seaweed crackers
11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;)
i have 3 dogs, 4 cats, and a fantastic husband.
12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?
i must not have had enough caffeine today. i can't guess this!
13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?
i would use them for either purpose.
14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)
i love both of them, but i love halloween a bit more because of all the fun spookiness.
15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about?
keep me away from codeine and we'll get along just fine!