Saturday, January 05, 2008

happy 2008!

2007: a knitting retrospective!

2007 is hereby known as the year of the boy knitting: welcome to baby garrett, baby z'ev, baby michael!

* what is boy knitting, you say? See here, here, here, and here for ejemplos. (i also knit for los babies nicky and benjamin, who squeaked into the world at the very very tail end of 2006)

* i became part of the CLAPOTIS cult sweeping the nation. It certainly swept the Betties! Ye Olde Clappy has seduced me not once but four times so far! I have three more planned. . . . (hanging head in SHAME!)

*i became part of the BALLBAND conspiracy, plotting exotic color combos and imagining wild variegated yarn-related schemes until late in the evening. i can't stop knitting them, either!

* i knit nate a hat for xmas, which he claims to be a favorite tradition/holiday of his. Long live the few, the proud, the understanding husbands that happily share space with your stash.

*i threw the blanket i'm supposedly knitting for the first baby (but surely not the last.) of 2008 across the room at least 3 times. Luckily for me, Lyndsey is going to rescue me from pinwheel hell on Monday.


*Ravelry, the most infectious website EVER, has made me extremely happy. As of this second, I have 55 projects completed/WIP in my notebook, 33 in my queue, 21 books in my library, 357 posts, 4 stashed yarns (i can't face my stash), 373 fave projects other people have created, and 61 friends.

May 2008 be a better year for everyone, and wishing you all lots of peace, love, yarn, and good friends.

1 comment:

Carol said...

A very inspiring post Mimi! What a great knitting year this will be!