Friday, April 29, 2005

friday's catch up of news bits

so i have this thing-- thursday nights at our house are NOIR KNITTING nights. since i don't work fridays, i like to knit into the wee hours of the morning. here's how it works:

1. obtain a NOIR MOVIE to watch: must be black and white. must have dames, gunmen, gimlets, cigarettes, etc. Good ones for the uninformed: This Gun For Hire, The Maltese Falcon, Blue Dahlia, The Thin Man, Key Largo, etc.

2. Now knit and watch! Very easy. Repeat.

Last night i broke this habit and had TRUE CRIME/FORENSIC knitting night. I went over to R & K's house and knitted with K and we watched Cold Case Files and CSI. Can you believe it's the 1st time I ever saw CSI? I usually only watch "true" crime TV and don't bother with the drama shows, but I really liked the CSI (Vegas ed., which I loved watching to identify places i'd been before)

K. finished the cat bed from Stitch N Bitch and it turned out SO CUTE! It has light peapod green sides and a black bottom. I'll take a pic of it so you can all see what a lucky young man Spike is to have his own new knitted kitty bed!

Congrats to Ankah for her kick ass stats in the triathalon! Check out her fierce stats:

1/4 mile swim, 13.4 mile bike, 5K run. Total time for the race was 1:21:49. Came in 67 out of 244, 1st in age out of 14, 9th female overall.

splits (T1 and T2 are my transitions between each sport):
swim: 7:04 (total time in water--6:45. Wow, rank of 42 overall in swimming !!!)
T1: 1:17
bike: 48:56 (20+mph wind, totally against the wind 2/3 of the way)
T2: 1:04
run: 23:29

the other exciting news is that brother SB chose his college-- he will be going to University of Vermont in Burlington this fall! What a yankee! I am so excited. There's a knitting store not too far away!


last but not least, Ro and I are roomies this June for a conference and I can't wait to see her! I had to rip up her scarf I started for her ( I f*ed it up bad) and started a new sparklier one for her. Hopefully Ankah, the Elegant Mr. B, and my Regency Sister-Lady will be able to visit me while I'm there!

2 comments:

Ankah said...

I am so hoping a road trip in the pink Caddy to Chi-town happens! Regency Lady has her scarf, I have my sunglasses, and the Royal B has his pink combat boots (to match the Caddy, of course)!

jon said...

We are trying to find good download movie online to take the kids this weekend. Good download movie online reviews are hard to find

I just stumbled onto your blog while looking. Seems to happen to me a lot since I am a knowledge mooch LOL

Thanks