Wednesday, November 30, 2005

woof!

readers, you might be surprised that someone like me is thinking about taking the plunge. you heard it here first- newt and i are prospective adoptive parents. . . of an adult shelter dog. after discussing this plan for many months, we are taking the 1st step this saturday and visiting several shelters and local rescue groups. we know our life (and that of the kitties) is in for some culture shock, but we're ready to take that plunge. so you all are warned in advance: this site will most likely soon be showing dog pics in addition to the multitude of cat pics. and don't worry about the kits too much- we have been getting them used to dogs with the assistance of my mom's dog stella, and they are all cool with her. (we've been laying the groundwork for quite some time, after all) updates will be posted! (and imagine all the knitted goodies i can crank out for a dog to wear!)

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Dogs are cool! Your cats can train the dog! Wow you have a HUGE HEART (not in an 'enlarged heart' way, in a heart three-sizes-too-big Grinch redemption way!) to care for so many creatures!

Anonymous said...

I was a born a cat person. I grew up with no less than 7 cats in my parent's house at all times. We were forever acquiring cats. Dogs terrified/repulsed me. As an adult, I somehow ended up with 2 dogs and no cat. I love my doggies and wouldn't trade tham for ANYTHING; they were shelter dogs, and are the best companions I ahve ever had. Good luck with the new addition, and I think it's awesome you are adopting from a shelter.

skully said...

aw shucks! thanks for the nice words ladies! (instead of a too large heart, i think i might have a too small brain. what else can explain all the cat hair floating in the air?)