Sunday, March 02, 2008

Yes we can. . . KNIT!

I am so proud of my Knitters for Obama group on Ravelry.....we've raised $5,755 so far! That's just contributions alone-- not counting all the $ being raised by the commemorative Obama yarn. YES, yarn! Two different, awesome indie yarn creators have made yarn commemorating Obama and donate huge chunks of change every time you buy.

Here is "Audacity" by BlackBunny Fibers:


and here is "Yes We Can" by MamaE:



Yes, I'm not supposed to be buying yarn, but I did buy 2 skeins of Audacity (sockweight merino) from Blackbunny to knit an "Audacious" clapotis. It's for a good cause, you know? I'm so excited I told all my betties about it, and Michelle is going to knit one, too! Audacious knitters need audacious yarn!

To get your Sunday off to a good start, enjoy the following reggaeton Obama song, just for you!


No comments: